Find a Hearing Aid that is right for you
Choosing the hearing aid that is right for you can be a daunting task as there are so many options to choose from and factors to consider. We are here to help you determine the style of hearing aid fits your lifestyle, and budget.
There are 3 main hearing aid styles
- BTE Hearing Aids: These devices are worn with the hearing aid on top of and behind the ear. All of the parts are in the case at the back of the ear and they are joined to the ear canal with a sound tube and a custom mold or tip.
- ITE Hearing Aids: These are custom-made devices, all of the electronics sit in a device that fits in your ear, they come in many sizes including CIC (completely in Canal) and IIC (Invisible in Canal).
- RIC Hearing Aids: These devices are similar in concept to BTE hearing aids, with the exception that the receiver (the speaker) has been removed from the case that sits at the back of the ear. It is fitted in your ear canal or ear and connected to the case of the hearing aid with a thin wire.
Specific model types:
- Invisible In Canal (IIC)
- Completely In Canal (CIC)
- Mini In Canal (MIC)
- In The Ear (ITE)
- Behind The Ear (BTE)
- Receiver In Canal (RIC)
What hearing aid is right for you?
To help determine exactly what you need from a hearing aid and what type and style might suit you, consider the following questions and share your responses with a hearing professional.
- What activities do you participate in regularly?
- What is your work environment like?
- Is the newest technology comfortable or necessary for you?
- Have you previously worn hearing aids?
A qualified hearing professional can discuss these questions with you and help put together a clear picture a hearing aid solution that is right for you.
Best Price Guarantee
We will match any advertised price in the Ottawa area on our selection of hearing aids. To ensure you find the hearing aid that is best for you (and your lifestyle), you can try one of our hearing aids for 90 days with no upfront payment.
*a printed estimate from another clinic is required to match the price.